Thursday, March 19, 2015

Gigacrutch vol. 1

I've been working on Gigacrutch for about a week now. It's built on a heavily modified version of the "ONIPASS" engine I built for #gbjam3 and features many elements from my other games like "Commander Baggs" and "The Infinite Dead" added in. As a developer who has many other projects going on as well as a day job and a home life I have decided that I need to cut back as many things as possible. The best way I can do that is to take the biggest and best parts of all the other games I have planned and lump them into one. Generally I would find this idea to be a disaster... like an FPS with a crafting system and unnecessary RPG elements tacked on. However most of the games are action/adventure based; Most of my games are 2 side-scrollers; plus most of my ideas are too grand to do alone. So the plan is to take those things and make one grand adventure. And I might as well document it while I'm at it, right? This doesn't mean that I've given up on my other games or I wont ever develop more in the future, but it's just a better option for me at this point in life. So to get on track with this whole thing - The engine is working, the characters are in place, the ally AI is compitent... And today I've added energy-bullets and sounds for the gun-type weapons.

No comments:

Post a Comment